Tuesday, May 16, 2006

retort

AT THE SAME TIME one might question if the relationship (in Windstruck) was 'so wonderful' because it was short-lived. Where are the chores and bringing-up-baby and warts and sorts? Can 'love' really survive that? From howchamightcallydt -living- I tend to see that passion/mutual attraction is not enough, oppression and domination due to social ideology and patriarcal bias come into play, and when fools rush in all you get are foul-ups. or foul play (murdering partners; jealous spouses; long bottled-up psychological trama from domestic violence).
Know why K-dramas move women so? 'Cos they find in them princes that don't exist. (same goes for anime) I must admit I have fallen under the illusion. I'm not saying that gentlemen don't exist; they do. I'm saying that women are at fault too for being complicit with the heartaches they experience. Don't fall in love with love.

No comments: