Autumn Leaves! Technically, the temperature says it's winter already (high of 9 deg cel, low of 0 deg cel) but there's still some colour in life, thank goodness! Those are the blocks of my hostel, Tocil, just a 2 minute walk from lectures whoppee!
10th Nov: Went to West End, London, to watch Chicago with Yan yan! Didn't watch the Richard Gere/Catherine Zeta film, so I didn't know what to expect, but I must say the songs were catchy and the dancing great! Themes in the film were a little too dark for my taste, but it was a good production. Yan yan had seen the show in Japan and in US (different companies) and she says this one was the best =) See the plastic bag I'm holding? Full of Japanese goodies we got from a shop in London (including Pocky!)
Yan yan's my dear study-Tesco-musical-dinner-let's complain about work-buddy! She's doing a PhD in English Literature *kowtow to her* Specialises in 19th century fiction (power, right!) We met her friend in London that morning, who's halfway through her PhD in Gothic fiction. The intellectual meter is getting hot out here...
See this one? This is Mel, whose speciality is eating roast duck! In Chinatown, nonetheless. So happy because she's not eaten roast duck in 3 months ...we had it with xiao bai cai/ crabmeat/ shitake and fried rice. Too full to walk out after that, we stayed from 7 to 9pm gluping chinese tea.
Presenting...my room! The one furthest away from the noisy kitchen *grinz* I'm real serious as I thank God!
More to come! Was trying to fit in more pictures of Ho Fung's farewell at Leicester Square, but they wouldn't load. Ho Fung, if you're reading this, it means you're home safe and sound; enjoy your homecoming (I'm sure you will, British food ranks one of the lowest) 'cos we all will miss your jokes and great tenor voice!



No comments:
Post a Comment