Sunday, December 03, 2006

In mysterious ways

It's odd how God
Can make that break
And mend that bend
When things go out of hand
I thought I would be attending mass today with my head down, without saying a word to anyone, intending to leave immediately after mass because "I have so many things to do and I am so busy and I need to go back and I..." But then a girl from singapore I knew came to sit with me, and I couldn't help but smile, even though I didn't feel like smiling, but funny enough after I smiled I felt like smiling, and we started talking and sharing, and then I met a guy from bible study group and smiled and we started chatting and I realised I was not alone with the stress, and then someone came up to me and ask if I wanted to join the Legion of Mary and we started talking... After all, I stayed an hour talking and sharing and laughing with others as my heart grew lighter and lighter, and I know I could not have come out of my shell on my own strength.

Thank you Lord, for YOU make our burdens light, our joy true, our faith shine brightest in the dark.

No comments: