Wednesday, June 20, 2007

not much of a title is this title

Where will I be 14 days later?
I can't even answer that
In which place in time and space,
In work and play, sorrowful or gay

(that makes a lousy rhyme)
here's what I mean

The blank darkness that looms ahead;
One like me has an impulse to flee -
Nothing I've experienced before
Something out of a folktale or lore.

Oh, I know I'm running away,
Or at least creating a delay
When I have hot chocolate with marshmallows
and apple brambly turnover in a single day.
(apple brambly turnover)













Yet what difference is this
From the mystery that life is?
When death or accident will overtake us
And if not, that'll only be, might only be, a plus.

Trite though words may seem
They present the kernel of what is
And unless you want to disregard centre
Be wary of the judgements that enter


Interestingly enough, after writing this I dropped half of my turnover, cream and all, on the table, chair and carpet. While I usually would have moaned (being the perfectionist I am, about not having dropped it 90 degrees pointing east), I felt absolutely no emotion after the occurrence. Scarily interesting, interestingly scary.

No comments: