Monday, March 29, 2010

If I could search the world for an answer for you, I would

If I could search the world for an answer for you, I would.

Don't inflict this pain on yourself. Don't give in to the loneliness.
Don't lose hope in the person you are; don't give up.

I see what cuts right down to your soul. I see it in your eyes.
I know you feel a desert around you now - don't, don't give in.

How many words does it take to build a bridge to you?
That you may walk across the empty space to safety
Into the arms of one who knows you, of one who made you
Into the land of the light

And even if you don't hear me now, don't see me
Even if you feel you're lost
I'll stand here, unnoticed, to protect you, my child
No matter what it costs me, I'll be here

~To those suffering

No comments: