Sunday, September 25, 2005

I didn't realise there was a bigger task than packing for the coming months, but there is: deciding which memorabilia from the past to keep, and which to throw. I finished the former sooner than expected, but was forced to linger on the items of the latter.

Memories aren't so easy to discard, especially (ironically) those 'bad' ones that should be discarded. Choosing what to bring along for the future revealed the necessity to clean out my closet, lay the cards on the table, stir up the dust, what else you will, and re-evaluate where I stood in the present.

Perhaps it's not so much discarding the rotten apples; I realise the core doesn't hurt as much as it used to, and am able to let the bad stand among the good, cherishing the lessons of Time.

When the dust settles I'll give my room a good vacuum.

No comments: