I'd just woken up, and spurred on by guilt sat down at my desk to study (not that I endorse education through manipulation of conscience).
And I read...
the great and only possible dignity of man lies in his power deliberately to choose certain moral values by which to live as steadfastly as if he too, like a character in a play, were immured against the corrupting rush of time. There is no way to beat the game of being against non-being
~Tennessee Williams (American playwright of A Streetcar Named Desire, Suddenly Last Summer)
at which point a greater urge than completing an assessed essay hit me.
Eyes of the Dragon
Drink deep of the wells
To ripened wisdom of years
Illuminated darkness, hidden in
Portals of clear crystal
Bespeaks of innocence pure
Through pools that have seen demons
And fight and bleed and scar
To stain the stainless white
No comments:
Post a Comment