Sunday, October 31, 2004

5 hours

Just back from a Latin All Saints' Day Mass which started at 11am, today the daylight-saving came into effect, had 5.5 hours of sleep, had 5 hours of mad laughter and 'elusive' word puns and just plain sharing. new record!

Random events in a not-so-ramdon life. (well my parents din actually plan to say: lets have Mel on the 16th Feb!, but I sure would like to think I came into this world meeting happy expectations)

Anyway, why, you may ask, am I in a be-nice-to-me-or-I'll-bite mood? Partly cos I've got half an essay more to write up on 'Chaucer and Divine Providence in The Knight's Tale', partly cos I have to go down to practice netball later (not that I don't like it, its just the I've-got-to-get-out-of-the-house-again? syndrome), and mostly cos I'm continuously wishing things will be ok between.

It's just a wish. All things happen for a reason *see, I'm even writing an essay on Divine Providence* and one thing I believe He is teaching me is to trust. In Him. That all things come to those who wait on Him.

One thing I learnt after watching "Princess Diaries 2" yesterday is NOT to believe or fantasize in/about fairy tales. The landing and inevitable 'Welcome back to Earth' is much more painful on the rear that way! I mean, who believes in knowing your Mr/Ms Right when you've barely known the tip of the iceberg of their character? Lofty has asked me before, and my answer is still an adament "No, I don't believe in love at first sight".

oh, kim, I havn't laughed like that in ages. well, the only exceptions probably being watching "White Chicks" and "Shark Tale" and "Bride and Prejudice" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". even then u beat them flat. sigh told u I spend too much for too little over here: that's 4 x 5 pounds!

see see see: Shi Hui and I went Cambridge last week. And I coincidentally, accidentally, suddenly bumped into Weiwen! who's taking engine there starting this year....he showed us round his campus, Queens' College.

Ok, back to Divine Providence, Palomon, Arcite and Theseus, Venus, Mars, and Jupitar, Boethius and Aristotle.....the real question is, did God plan that I stop right here or is it Free Will that I possess? tune in to De Consolatione Philosophaie to find out....

No comments: