Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm going to play Hemorrhage until the word 'hypocrite' comes unstuck in my head.
There really is no point fuming against a mask of lies. If anything, I'm just giving it the fuel to breed contempt. But what does one do with the hideous rising cauldron? Shout "Woe to you, you hypocrites!", or proclaim ""But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you". It's so much easier to toot the tooting toot. But easy does not always lead to the truth.
As I watched the prosecution of John Procter I felt bile rising to my throat. Persecution, death, injustice, built on the lies of an imagined witch-hunt. The worst part was knowing the events took place, and 19 from Salem died because they refused to pronounce an allegiance to Satan, a proclamation that would have saved their own lives. So they held fast to the Truth, no matter who else knew it. And then, so did one famous man before them.
Will you die for the truth?Will I?
don't fall away and leave me to myself
don't fall away and leave love bleeding in my hands

1 comment:

Melfunctional said...

1 hour later: played 20 times, and still counting