It's 3.15am. Bible study on Philippians this evening helped me to concentrate on work, so I did more in the last 2 hours than I've done the past few days. Still a long road to walk. Talking to the other 12 who were sharing I realise I'm not alone...so many are trudging the difficult road of essays alone. But not lonely =)
I owe....so many people. Well, not owe so much, but I would like to speak to them: a birthday message to hil and krys and cheez (long overdue!), a hallo to min and yanyan and hele, notes to ff and dre and shell.
I think I'm weird...but that's because I'm comparing. Everyone else looks so smooth (talker) and lucky (in the right place at the right time with right people) and alright (as opposed to not alright, i guess!) and happier (need I explain more?) and off the cover of fashion mags (thanks von for the affirmation 9 years ago, i remember!). I think I've been looking at friendster too long, and frankly I know this is one of the most juvenile statements I'm making out loud (oops, I said it?) =)
So if you feel weird and out of place too, you're not alone, which means you're not weird nor out of place! You're exactly where you're meant to be - forging ahead as you dare to be different (go ask someone for a hug NOW, and don't be shy because they probably need it as much as you do)
okie, time to sleep now!
No comments:
Post a Comment