Wednesday, November 17, 2004

24/7

its one of those days where you look for a diving board to start your day off, rub your hands, do a lil' dance on the spot to warm up in that swimsuit, prep yourself as you ascend, tentatively step on the board, judges eyeing your every move.

You jump.

And for some reason the janitor foget to fill the pool up with water yesterday.

Eek. That's rather morbid. If you think about it in terms of what could happen if it really occured in reality. But notice, I did not add that in.

What actually happened was this.

I was warming up my hands, doing a lil' dance to warm up, ready to ascend to the board. Then someone rushes up to me and informs me that I have duties yet to carry out, responsibilities to take on, and I cannot do this jump. I get upset, irritated, wondering why we must take on the burdens of others, frustrated that I cannot put what I want first. Then I walk away from the board, and fulfill them.

Albeit, still irritated, still upset. But never knowing that the pool was not filled, that it was not ready for the dive.

I don't call it coincidence, 'in the nick of time'. I see it as a Divine Lesson.

"Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God,
And All These Things Shall Be Added Unto You." Matthew 6:3

http://www.donghaeng.net/english/duty.htm

No comments: