Saturday, November 27, 2004

Paradise Lost.

Thank God for His protection. Which comes in ways we never see coming! (the same goes for lessons He wants to teach us, it seems to me) Just as much as physical protection is needed in a world like today's, protection of the heart is just as necessary. How neccessary to build a strong fortress around it to keep it safe, or people can use you for their own purposes. For purposes I've not conceived of, nor expected could occur in such close proximity. It is really the close shaves that we praise God ever more!

I've long thought about the difference between naivety and innocence. And one such definition is this: that innocence is the decision to remain pure, devoid of evil, while naivety lacks such a choice, one is merely immersed in ignorance. Perhaps everyone starts off naive, and then has a choice whether to progress on to innocence. Or lose it.

I met this lady at the entrance of my block two days ago, who reminded me of why we should continue loving, even though things are dark. I wonder where such people get the strength to remain open, so seemingly vulnerable to hurt; I begin to wonder if that was an angel. She reminded me by her openess in speaking to me, beautifully thanking me when I opened the door for her, introducing herself, asking about me, and her "God bless". Her presence, I feel, must indeed be a blessing to people around her.

To the woolly sheep, of course I'll be a good girl! *wink* hope work IS making you lose weight (haha)

Reading about Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost. I didn't know he was anti-Catholic! I think I just changed my mind about studying him for exams. George Herbert and John Donne seem a better pick now. one MIGHT call me biased. (",)

1 comment:

Melfunctional said...

keep believing dude. in something greater than ourselves. I know that's the only reason I can be here typing, and not on a bier. sigh. and i want to be there too. if you feel you're losing grip, gimme a call. ironically, like you'd say, to the one who has lost her grip already *grinz* but we'll get through this.
take care rock, may He keep us sane. i mean safe. nah, both, just in case
luv
mel